Deadline for Membership 2017 – 2019 is Friday, 17 March 2017
The Developing Country NGO Delegation on the Board of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund) aims to contribute to and influence Global Fund policies and practices in an effort to make them continually and appropriately responsive to the needs of those affected by HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria and the NGOs and CBOs providing necessary services. The defining feature of this delegation is its ability to bring relevant perspectives as implementers and representatives from recipient countries — based on the knowledge and experience of Non-Governmental Organisations/Community-Based Organisations and Faith based Organisations (NGOs/ CBOs /FBOs) and their constituencies.
The Delegation is a team of volunteers and seek to expand its team with suitable candidates/ members capable of representing the diverse NGO/ CBO / FBO response to HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria on the GF Board. Also to aid in meeting the following objectives:
- Represent the perspectives, views and concerns of Developing Country NGO’s on the GF Board in a strategic and consultative manner.
- Inform and positively influence the governance processes of the GF to better integrate non-governmental and community based efforts to fight HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria into national and international responses.
Call for Members
Developing Country NGO Delegation to the Board of The Global Fund is currently inviting nominations for membership from individuals representing and working with NGO’s in the global south (Africa, Eastern Europe & Central Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean). The selection process strives to achieve a balanced and representative Delegation with strong consideration for the following qualities:
- Adolescent and Youths in their diversity
- Malaria expertise
- Tuberculosis expertise
- Women in all their diversity
- Sexual and gender diversity
- Strong knowledge in finance, strategic planning, media, gender and human rights issues,
- Sustainability, Transitioning and Co-Financing
- Key Populations in all their diversity
- Specially invited to apply, persons from the following REGIONS and COUNTRIES: EMRO,MENA regions, Asia and Asia Pacific, Africa, Francophone Africa,
The Delegation operates in English. Linguists, who possess strong working competencies in the other languages of the Global Fund (French, Spanish, Russian) are encouraged to apply.
Length of Term
The term of office is for a period of two (2) years (2017-2019), with the possibility of renewal. The member will form part of a team of delegation members, democratically led by a leadership team (a board member, an alternate board member, a treasurer and a communications focal point (ex-officio). All, live and work across the developing world.
Criteria for Selection
- Evidence of being from and resident in a developing country.
- Belonging to a Community organization (i.e. NGO, CBO, FBO, communities network, etc.).
- Formal recommendation letter from the individual’s organization and an undertaking from the organisation to permit the member to contribute up to 25% of the person’s time to the work of the delegation.
- References from two NGOs, CBOs or networks in the respective region.
- Possess understanding of the scope of work of the Global Fund and its processes.
- Have minimum 5 years of experience in front-line NGO work in 1 or more of the 3 disease areas (HIV, TB and Malaria)
- Ability and capacity to communicate and network effectively and broadly (must have functioning communications linkages such as: Internet, telephone, computer and email).
- Be culturally competent in communicating with diverse peoples & groups. Skills in communication, finance and management procedures are particularly welcomed.
- Possess diplomatic and strategic political skills including capacity to think and work strategically and independently.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in written and spoken English (additional languages are greatly desired and welcomed).
The following should be sent in in English to email@example.com.
The email subject must read: NOMINATION TO DEVELOPING COUNTRY NGO DELEGATION 2017
Supporting Documentation to be submitted with application must include:
1. An expression of interest detailing: (max font size 12; max 4 pages; min 2; only 4 pages will be read):
- Your understanding of the Global Fund and its work,
- Your NGO and community linkages,
- Details of your disease expertise,
- The skills you would bring to the Delegation
2. Letter from employer supporting the application including time/ travel commitments
3. Letter of support from any regional network or organisation
4. Letter of support from any relevant organisation other than your own
5. Current and relevant curriculum vitae
Please CLICK HERE for the detailed TOR, visit the Delegation Website, The Global Fund Website and the Delegation Social Media Pages for further details.
Persons living with or have been affected by the three disease as well as those who identify with key populations including youth and women are especially encouraged to apply.
Persons from Asia and Africa are encouraged to apply.
Applications without all requested documentation will be automatically disqualified. Incomplete applications, and those received after deadline will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 17 March 2017.