Deadline: Monday 9th November 2015 at 12:00hrs GMT
The Communities Living with HIV and affected by TB and malaria Delegation (Communities Delegation) is looking for suitable candidates to join the Communities Delegation, to ensure that the issues and voices of Communities living with HIV, and affected by TB and malaria are heard and represented on the Global Fund Board.
The Communities Delegation is made up of individuals living with HIV, affected by TB and malaria, and actively participates in formulating policy and strategy positions on key issues of relevance of the communities we represent. We work closely with the other Board Delegations/Constituencies (in particular the Developed and Developing Country NGO Delegations) to ensure that the issues relevant to communities infected and affected by the three diseases are effectively addressed.
We are looking for highly motivated and committed individuals and advocates living with HIV and/or affected by TB and malaria:
- with direct experiences with the Global Fund at country level;
- experience and familiarity on governance bodies of multilaterals (including UNITAID, UNAIDS PCB, GAVI, etc);
- engaged with networks of key affected populations at country/regional/international level;
- experience with policy analysis and/or monitoring and evaluation of Global Fund programmes;
- expertise in issues of procurement systems & market dynamics, TRIPs & IPs, human rights, gender (including women and girls), harm reduction, malaria-elimination, risk management and assurance, audit functions; and
- identify/represent key populations of people who use drugs, sex workers, young people, women and girls, men who have sex with men, transgender people, etc.
We strongly encourage the following to apply:
- communities living in malaria endemic areas and working on malaria advocacy
- women and young people living with HIV and/or affected by TB and malaria
- communities living with HIV and/or affected by TB and malaria from Eastern Europe Central Asia, Middle East and North Africa, Asia and Pacific, and Latin America and the Caribbean
For detailed information on the call and application details, please refer to Communities Delegation 2015 Call.
Please fill in the Communities Delegation Membership Application Form 2015.
Terms of Reference of Communities Delegation Members are available here.
Kindly note the following during submission:
The following should be sent in one email to email@example.com with subject matter APPLICATION FOR COMMUNITIES DELEGATION 2016 THROUGH 2018:
- A copy of the completed application form (electronically, scanned copies will not be entertained);
- A letter of reference from your organisation expressing its support, agreeing to the additional travel and workload (1 page only); and
- A letter of reference/support from another organisation that is affiliated to the work that you are involved in.
Applications without all of the above documentation will be automatically disqualified.