GLOBAL NETWORK OF PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV (GNP+)
Goal of the Global Fund Advocates Network
To build a global social movement to demand health for all by recruiting, connecting and mobilising advocates to communicate the urgent need, and demand full funding for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria to maximise its impact. To achieve this goal, GFAN’s objectives are to: 1. Support Advocacy and Resource Mobilisation: To empower and support GFAN members in developing and implementing advocacy strategies (including work with media) on global health and resource mobilisation for the Global Fund. 2. Support Action: To initiate and support powerful action of GFAN members at national, regional, and global level. 3. Build the movement: To facilitate and expand the membership network that constitutes the global social movement in support of the Global Fund, with increased participation from advocates and affected communities in implementing countries, current donors countries, and potential new donor countries.
GFAN will work according to a number of principles to which its members subscribe:
- GFAN will operate in an open, transparent, and accountable manner;
- Information provided by GFAN will be accurate and up-to-date;
- GFAN will facilitate information-sharing and collaboration, but not directly engage in country-level work, nor be held responsible for the work carried out by its members;
- GFAN members act in a transparent and accountable manner, and do not engage in activities that may harm the reputation of the Global Fund (while remaining a critical watchdog);
- GFAN will closely collaborate with the Global Fund Secretariat but remain in an independent role.
International Civil Society Support (ICSS) supports the day-to-day work of GFAN:
- Peter van Rooijen, Executive Director, email@example.com
- Katy Kydd Wright, GFAN coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
To become a GFAN member, please join the listserver via http://groups.google.com/group/globalfundadvocatesnetwork?hl=nl