ITPC is seeking a Treatment Education Lead to build awareness, knowledge, and capacity of people living with HIV, HIV activists, community-based organizations on prevention, treatment and care along the HIV Cascade. This senior position will facilitate the execution of trainings, shape policy directives, facilitate advocacy initiatives, and provide input into the organization’s overall strategic direction. This position will lead in the design and implementation of treatment education initiatives across projects and funders; and report directly to the Director of Global Programs and Advocacy. The position will be based in the country where the candidate resides, and must able to work in a virtual environment.
The ideal candidate MUST have (requirements):
- Master’s degree in public health or related field
- 10 to 15 years of relevant experience in nonprofit, philanthropic & health sector or related field
- At least 5 years experience in clinical or health-care setting
- At least 3 years of proven training experience
- Experience working extensively with communities, especially key populations and civil society groups at community/grassroots level to advocate for change
- Proven experience in development of health and right-based tools & curriculum
- Strong knowledge of HIV along the cascade (science, policies affecting implementation) and related issues such as intellectual property rights, tuberculosis, co-morbidities, Hepatitis C, human rights, etc.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, to troubleshoot and follow projects through to completion, on schedule, without loss of attention to detail and budget
- Excellent listening and communication skills with sensitivity to cultural communication differences
- Advanced computer experience is required – MS Office: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint, and Adobe
- Fluency in written and oral English
- Superlative writing and oral presentation skills at all levels of engagement
- Ability to travel as required to meet deliverables (up to 50% of time)
See the full job description and how to apply here: https://www.idealist.org/en/nonprofit-job/47babac4859644bca097e7357fa2d2a0-treatment-education-lead-international-treatment-preparedness-coalition-itpc-gaborone