Deadline for Applications: Thursday, 28th November 2018 at 18:00hrs CET
The Communities Delegation to the Board of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria is currently seeking for volunteers who demonstrate understanding of Global Fund policies and/or implementation to join us as we continually seek to achieve a balanced, informed and representative Delegation.
Interested applicants should note the following:
- Applicants must meet specific criteria for selection, and be able to fulfil their roles and responsibilities as outlined in the Terms of Reference of Communities Delegation Members. This includes the commitment of time necessary carry out the functions as a Delegation Member.
- The operating language of the Global Fund and Communities Delegation is English, proficiency in English is required.
- Delegation members serve a two-year term, dependant of performance-based assessments conducted annually. The current term of this call is from January 2019 through December 2020.
Whilst we encourage all interested applicants who fulfil the specific criteria for selection, there is priority and strong consideration for the following applications:
- Geography – francophone Africa, West and Central Africa, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean, Eastern Mediterranean region;
- Malaria and Tuberculosis expertise;
- Experience in governance bodies and understanding of organizational budgets, the development and monitoring of organisational strategy and key performance indicators, finance and audits, and policy-making;
- Community members from key populations (men who have sex with men, transgenders, men who have sex with men, and people who use drugs), and women and youth;
- Expertise in market shaping, procurement, and intellectual property (TRIPs, FTAs, etc);
- Understanding and expertise in responses on sustainability and transitioning, including on innovative financing mechanisms;
- Community Response expertise and Health Systems Strengthening; and
- Understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
Please prepare the following documents before the online application to be uploaded (only PDF file format accepted):
- A letter of reference from your organisation (employer or board) expressing its support to your commitment to the work of the Communities Delegation, with explicit commitment to the time, additional travel and workload required as within the Terms of Reference of Communities Delegation Members;
- A letter of reference/support from another organisation (national/regional/global) that is affiliated to the work that you are involved in; and
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Applications will only be accepted online here.
Applications that are incomplete, submitted past the deadline, and/or sent via email will be automatically disqualified.
For more information, please see the Call for Applications below, or write to email@example.com.